RE: friendly user's manual?

Hi Pietro,

 You wrote:
>An example of an easy question, about the schedule in "gains" in type 56
>MZB. It is not clear at all what the additive factor is for, once I have
>already set the schedule and the number of gains...then, for instance,
>if for lights I select 5W/m2, have I to put then the same value in the
>schedule? (I mean, should that required value be of the same units
>related to the specific gain? The schedule tab is always the same...)

For lighting, one often wants to be able to switch them of when the solar radiation exceeds some predefined level.
In that case you would specify the following:
- 1 specific gain (5 W/m2)
- 2 related floor area (m2)
- 3 scale (e.g. time schedule); I would recommand to use values between 0 and 1 only for schedules
- 4 control strategy; input which is made to switch to zero when the solar radiation exceeds a certain level, otherwise it equals one.

The resulting gain is calculated as the product of these four parameters.

>In general, with type 56, I notice that once created a "new object" (a
>wall, a window, a schedule, a gain, etc..) I don't manage to modify it
>again, neither just "open" it to see how and of what it is made!...

Use the type manager!

>I can't delete one of this new object from the pop down menus even!...

which is correct as far as I know ...... but you can modify them using the type manager

regards, Arie.