friendly user's manual?

Hi to all!

The Trnsys provided user’s manual describes its components and their mathematical descriptions, but in general not “when, for what and how” to use them (actually sometimes it does…). I know that it is not possible to think of a complete detailed manual, there would be one for each component!...I just wonder if there are books, examples or general stuff that in a way can help me ( probably I’m seeking a kind of “course” for beginners…) at least concerning the most used types…

I’m sorry, I get in trouble with basic things, but they are fundamentals!

An example of an easy question, about the schedule in “gains” in type 56 MZB. It is not clear at all what the additive factor is for, once I have already set the schedule and the number of gains...then, for instance,  if for lights I select 5W/m2, have I to put then the same value in the schedule? (I mean, should that required value be of the same units related to the specific gain? The schedule tab is always the same…)

In general, with type 56, I notice that once created a “new object” (a wall, a window, a schedule, a gain, etc..) I don’t manage to modify it again, neither just “open” it to see how and of what it is made!...I can’t delete one of this new object from the pop down menus even!...

Well, since it is not possible for me to attend a trnsys course in a short time but I need to use the program, I just hope to find something that can “guide” me in learning…Any of you have some simple examples achieved?

Any suggestion is well accepted.

Regards

Pietro Filippi

PS

I am an Italian mechanical engineer, for the first time facing to energy saving problems…be, patient…