Re: sensitivity analysis

Beatriz,

I am trying to perform a sensitivity analysis to identify the parameter to which indoor air Tª is most sensitive. I am specially interested in a number of particular parameters. Is there any capability implemented in TRNSYS, which could help to develop this kind of analysis.

If you just need to run TRNSYS with different values of some simulation parameters, you can use the "parametric table" function in TRNSHELL (in the parametrics menu). You can create a table with different values for all CONSTANTS in your input file (note that if you create your input file within IISiBat you may have to edit it to replace the "EQUATION" keyword with a "CONSTANT" keyword).

If you need to perform more advanced parametric studies, e.g. involving an optimization, you could use GenOpt (http://simulationresearch.lbl.gov/GO/). GenOpt can be setup to work with TRNSYS without too much difficulty, and TESS has developed a front-end called TRNOpt if you want a mor user-friendly solution.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx