NOTEPAD VS PREBID ... I'm confused

Dear All,

Everytime I run PREBID, it creates 4 files: BLD file, Prebid, Setup information
and TRN file.

Although TYPES manager can edit some inputs, it cannot edit some others like
SECHEDULE. So if I rely on PREBID to "change" the schedule I need to create
more and more SCHEDULE.

So I follow previous suggetion to edit Prebid Setup Information file (*.INF)
using NOTEPAD. I did this by clicking on GENERATE - Edit INF file in Prebid.
However, whatever the changes I made to *.INF will be overwritten everytime I
create (generate) TYPE 56 files. The same thing happened when I edit the Prebid
document file (*.bui) file.

I also realised that I cannot add or edit comment on the *.INF or *.bui files
as they will be removed from the files once I generate the TYPE 56 files.

I think I cannot edit the other two files (*.TRN and *.BLD).

So I'm confused ... how can I be convinced that the changes I made are
reflected in the final results sent to TRNSYS ? Can anyone help me ?

edward