RE: Reading external data from a file.

Use the type 9 data reader in mode 2 (standard data reader).
Use "formatted reading" (FRMT>0), followed by a Fortran Format statement
(only the piece between parentheses)
The output of type 9 then is input to your newly defined type.

If your new type would read data all by itself, this would create a "hidden
input" in TRNSYS.
I think that this is not how TRNSYS is meant to work.

Klaas Visscher.

dr.ir. K. Visscher
Netherlands Energy Research Foundation ECN

E-Mail : 		visscher@ecn.nl
Department: 	Solar & Wind Energy
Group: 		Renewable Energy in the Built Environment