From: owner-trnsys@relay.doit.wisc.edu [mailto:owner-trnsys@relay.doit.wisc.edu]On Behalf Of David Bradley
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 1:18 AM
To: trnsys@relay.doit.wisc.edu
Subject: Re: INVALID FLOATING POINT OPERATION

Irene,
    An invalid floating point is an error that comes directly from Fortran
and which is not caught by TRNSYS. Most often, there is a division by zero
in the code which is caused by some combination of inputs. Often, such
problems can be solved by commenting components out of your simulation
(simplifying it) and then by adding them back until the problem recurs. Then
look carefully at the inputs and make sure that there aren't any initial
values that are set wrong. If you have a deck that is causing you repeatable
problems you should contact your distributor for specific help.
Cheers,
    David