Re: Adding new code

Maarten Sourbron wrote:

> Dear Trnsys-users,
>
> I want to add some new non standard types (from the TRNSYS-website) to
> trnlib.dll.  Do I need a Fortran-compiler to do this, even if I have the
> compiled source code from the web?

Yes, you will need the compiler to
- compile your own FORTRAN source code to an object file (*.obj)
- link your object file to the TRNNSYS.DLL (or to create a user-defined DLL)

> In the procedure I see that I have to adjust the link.dvf file, but
> therefore I need a .OBJ-file.  What does this file do and how do I get
> it?

The .obj is the result of the compilation of your FORTRAN source file (.for
or .f).

> If I type the LINK-command in the command prompt, I get the message that
> it does not recognise that statement as an instruction.  I assume that
> this is because I don't have a Fortrancompiler.  Or is there nother
> reason?

You do indeed need the FORTRAN compiler for the command to
work.

Details can be found at
http://sel.me.wisc.edu/TRNSYS/Default.htm
under "FORTRAN information"

Hope this helps,

Werner
--
  /    \____ Werner Keilholz, Project Manager
  \____/     CSTB Sophia Antipolis, ILC Division

             * Les journées TRNSYS francophones cette année à Lyon *
             http://evl.cstb.fr/main/events.asp?langue=fr&m=pr