Adding new code

Dear Trnsys-users,

I want to add some new non standard types (from the TRNSYS-website) to
trnlib.dll.  Do I need a Fortran-compiler to do this, even if I have the
compiled source code from the web?
In the procedure I see that I have to adjust the link.dvf file, but
therefore I need a .OBJ-file.  What does this file do and how do I get
it?
If I type the LINK-command in the command prompt, I get the message that
it does not recognise that statement as an instruction.  I assume that
this is because I don't have a Fortrancompiler.  Or is there nother
reason?

Kind regards,

Maarten Sourbron
Projectingenieur