CONVERGENCE PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF USE OF CONTROLLER (TYPE 2A)

Dear sir/madam:

I am working with a simulation of a real facility in TRNSYS 15. This
facility is a solar thermal system, linked to an auxiliary system. The
auxiliary system is an indirect one, in this way you can find a water
boiler, a heat exchanger and an auxiliary storage tank. The boiler must
stop working when cold-side outlet temperature of heat exchanger reachs
55 ºC.

So I have tried to use a controller (TYPE 2A), using as monitoring
temperature the cold-side outlet temperature and setting 55 as high
limit cut-out. The upper input temperature is linked to cold-side
outlet temperature too, and the lower input temperature is always 0. In
this way, the controller should always shows a 1 as output control,
except when the temperature to be monitored goes over 55 ºC. However,
this doesn´t run. I find convergence problems (error 203).

And if I touch convergence tolerance in control card (increasing it) I
find that strange things happen because the colector outlet temperature
reachs values over 120 ºC. This does not happen without controller in
auxiliary system.

I have tried with Equation and the operator "less than" (lt) and I find
the same problem.

I send you the file, although I am afraid you will not be able to run
it because I use a personal meteorological data file, but you can see
the whole assembling.

PLEASE, PLEASE, I WOULD APPRECIATE VERY MUCH IF YOU COULD SUGGEST
SOMETHING NEW I COULD TRY.

Yours sincerely,

David Paez
University of Sevilla