  From: Marco Sangiorgi
  To: trnsys@relay.doit.wisc.edu
  Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 9:47 AM
  Subject: Simulating external shades

  Hello,

  I'm not an expert TRNSYS user, so I'm posting this message hoping somebody
  can help me, though it is possibly a silly question.

  How can I simulate shades on the external surface of the walls?

  For a given orientation, i.e. WEST, I have defined various thermal zones,
  each one with different external walls. Depending on the hour of the day,
  some walls are exposed to the sun and other are shaded (that is they receive
  diffuse radiation).

  I'm using a program called "Sombrero" to calculate the Shading Coefficients
  of each wall hourly. This means that I have a file with the shading
  coefficient of each wall for every hour.

  So, how can I say to the TRNSYS or PREBID that the beam radiation that walls
  are receiving is that calculated by the Solar Radiation Processor (Type16)
  multiplied by shading coefficient?

  Example
  beam radiation(wall 1)=Type16 output x shading coef.

  I think that the GEOSURF parameter is just for the radiation entering inside
  a thermal zone, isn't it?

  Thank you,

  Marco