Re: Simulating a GrassRoof

Dear Dr Rauch,

I thank you very much for both the mails. I have been able to get rid of the
forrtl: error(63)
but I do not fully understand how. I discovered that inputs for one of the
zones of the building (to be simulated) was not complete. As soon as I
completed that zone, the error was gone.

I am presently working on a project with Dr A Kumar (Dr Ashvini Kumar) who
was the coauthor of the paper you have mentioned, and I have worked earlier
with Prof. M S Sodha.

The grass roof generates two thermal  effects:

1. It absorbs heat from the roof, and eventually from the indoor air. I
tried to simulate this effect using roof with a negative gain and this trick
seems to be working. I still need to verify that the results are reasonable.

2. The grass roof lowers the ambient temperature by a couple of degrees
hence changing the solair temperature. It is the effective solair
temperature that I need to simulate, and I am still looking for a simple
solution to this. Any ideas?

I thank you once again for very useful suggestions.

With kind regards,

Anil Misra