Re: new type

At 05:38 PM 12/18/2001 +0100, you wrote:

	we created a new type called TYPE101. We followed the
instructions for recompiling trnlib.dll from MSdevelopper studio.
	During linking this error message appeared:
	dumf40.lib(dum101.obj): error LNK 2005:
	TYPE101 already defined in Type101.obj

	How to solve this problem?
	Is it necessary to delete the call to the dummy type101?
	If yes, how can we do?

It is not necessary to delete the call to the dummy type as the dummy
library acts as a back-up - only being called if the type is not there.
This problem is most likely caused by your new subroutine having a
RETURN instead of a RETURN 1 somewhere in the code.  The RETURN 1
indicates to the TRNSYS kernal that the program is indeed linked in and
that the dummy routine should not be invoked.  Having just a RETURN
causes the kernal to miss the check for unlinked subroutines and invokes
the call to the dummy library.  Hope this helps!

Jeff

PS - I noticed that you are still using the Powerstation compiler - have
you considered upgrading to the new COMPAQ compiler as it supports more
of the features used by version 15?