RE: Desiccant Cooling

At the Instituto Andaluz de Energmas Renovables (University of Malaga) we
work in the subject of dessicant cooling. Until now we have developed a
TRNSYS type for a silica-gel wheel based on the model of Van den Bulck
(Solar Energy Vol. 28, No. 8). The results of the application of dessicant
cooling in swiming-pools are not very promising. Apart of that, we have
designed a pilot plant to characterize the behaviour of a real wheel. We
hope that this test facility will be in operation in two months.