Re: TRNSYS and Linux?

There should be no problem for the kernel (the actual simulator running and
ASCII input file and producing ASCII ouput files). You just have to recompile
TRNSYS with a native FORTRAN compiler.

The graphical user interfaces (PRESIM / IISiBat) will not work in such an
environment, however. Also you will not be able to use the type 65 (online
plotter).

Hope this helps,

Werner

Tobias Bendel wrote:

> Hello to all!
>
> Does anyone knows if there is a possibility to run TRNSYS 14.2 under Linux?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Best Regards
> Tobias Bendel
> University Of Applied Sciences    -    Cologne
> Department  Of   Supply   Systems  Engeneering
> Wilhelmstrasse 20     -  D 45219 Essen-Kettwig
> Tel.(02054) 871726    -  Fax (089) 66617 39388
> Mailto:TBendel@Gmx.De -  http://www.bendel.org
> Germany

  /    \____ Werner Keilholz, Project Manager
  \____/     CSTB Sophia Antipolis, EVL Division
  /    \____ s-mail: BP 209, 06904 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS,  F R A N C E
  \____/     phone: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 46 -- fax: +33 (0)4 92 96 05 37
  /    \____ Mailto:werner@cstb.fr
  \____/     http://evl.cstb.fr/francais/equipe/wk/index.htm

  I'd rather be happy than right every day - Slartibartfast