Fwd: New Mailing List for Building Simulation Users

Hi everybody!
	I recieved this email about a general building simulation software mailing
list and thought it might be interesting to TRNSYS users in general.
Dave

>Simulation Developers and Users,
>
>Below is an announcement for a new mailing list aimed at
>building energy simulation users.  If you publish a
>newsletter or have a web site for your products please consider including
the
>announcement.  Please also feel free

>to distribute this announcement to others who may be
>interested.  Feedback is also encouraged.
>
>Thanks
>
>Jason Glazer, P.E.
>jglazer@gard.com
>GARD Analytics

>energy simulation programs.  Building energy simulation
>programs allow users to estimate the energy use and
>operating cost of residential, commercial and other
>types of buildings.  This allows engineers, architects
>and others in the building design trade to compare
>alternative designs and select the design that is cost
>justified.  They are frequently used during the design
>process when choosing between alternatives in the
>components that make up a building including insulation
>level, heating and cooling distribution systems,
>furnaces, boilers and air conditioning equipment.  The
>web page for this mailing list is located at:
>
>http://www.gard.com/ml/bldg-sim.htm
>
>Examples of building simulation programs include DOE-2,
>Trace- 600, HAP, Blast, ESP, SERIRES, TRNSYS, TASE,
>Energy-10, and others (see link below for a more complete
>list).
>
>http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/tools_directory/
>
>Since the users of building energy simulation programs
>are spread across the world, this mailing list is an
>attempt to foster the development of a community of those
>users.  Experienced and inexperienced users of building
>energy simulation programs are welcome and are expected
>to share their questions and insights about these
>programs.
>
>Currently no FAQ is available.
>
>Posting Guidelines
>Please indicate in the subject line what simulation
>program you are asking about.  The host and owner of this
>list is not moderating, filtering or editing any message
>sent to the list.  Instead the subscribers to the list
>should follow these simple guidelines:
>
>  - Be courteous.
>  - No discussion not related to building energy and
>    building energy simulation.
>  - Announcements of new versions of building simulation
>    products are welcome and encouraged but are restricted
>    to one posting per month..
>  - Do not try to sell any other products on the mailing
>    list (no spam is tolerated).
>  - Job announcements are welcome but are restricted to
>    one posting per month.
>
>The owner of this list may remove anyone from the list
>that violates these rules.
>
>Subscribing/Unsubscribing/Posting
>
>To send a message to all subscribers to the list, address
>your message to:
>
>      bldg-sim@gard.com
>
>Please read keep this message so you know how to
> [...]

David BRADLEY
TRNSYS Engineer			Phone: (608) 263-1589
Solar Energy Laboratory	bradley@sel.me.wisc.edu
1500 Engineering Drive		Fax: (608) 262-8464
Madison, WI  53706

The SEL Web Site can be seen at: http://sel.me.wisc.edu