TRNSYS model library for solar thermal electric components (STEC)

Dear TRNSYS users!

The DLR (German Aerospace Centre) is coordinating an internationally
developped library of TRNSYS models for the simulation of solar thermal
power plants, called the STEC library. The development and distribution of
this library is taking place under the framework of the IEA SolarPACES
programme.

The STEC library consists of models for simulation of concentrating solar
thermal technology (solar towers, troughs) and conventional power conversion
units (rankine or brayton cycles). The models have been successfully
validated and are used in research projects and feasibility studies for
solar thermal power generation technology. More information can be found at:
http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/trnlib/stec/stec.htm .

At the moment we are preparing a revised and updated new release (R 2.5) of
the TRNSYS STEC model library to be distributed by mid of september this
year.
If you are interested in receiving this model library or if you wish to add
your own model developments (related to concentrating solar technology
and/or power plant simulation) please contact me via email.

Best regards

Dipl.-Ing. Peter Schwarzboezl
Institute for Technical Thermodynamics
Solar Energy Department