RE: Solar Shift in Typr 16

I am wrong!! Michael is right - the shift should be negative if you are
west of the standard meridian and positive if you are east of it.

At 09:39 AM 8/23/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Christoph,

The shift is defined as
SHIFT=LST-Lloc
Where
LST is the longitude of the standard meridian
Lloc is the longitude of the location

All longitude values are positive towards West (0=Greenwich)

In your case, LST = -15 and Lloc = -8.7
So SHIFt = -15-(-8.7) = -6.3

(A negative value in your case... But there is no restriction on the
sign of SHIFT, generally speaking)

Cheers,

Michaël