From: Ulrika
To: trnsys@relay.doit.wisc.edu
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 2:04 PM
Subject: Simple building with radiator heating

Dear TRNSYS users;
I’m trying to model a small distrikt heating network, where the houses heating and DHW load are met by a hot water distribution net. To model the houses, I have used Type 12a, The equation used for heat transfer to the room (Qtrans=e*Cmin*(Tin-Troom) does not correspond well with the heat transfer rate for radiators. Does anybody know of a better house model (or combination of components) to use in this case?

I’m fairly new to TRNSYS, so I don’t know how difficult it might be to alter a model (for example Type 12) in order to get a more accurate expression for the heat transfer rate. Maybe that could be another way to achieve what I’m trying for?

I’m most grateful for any advise in this matter…

Kind regards,

Ulrika Ottosson
Umeå university
Sweden