From: YU Fu wing
To: trnsys@relay.doit.wisc.edu ; bldg-sim@gard.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 12:01 PM
Subject: Inquiry on a cooling load calculation using TRNSYS Type 56

Dear all

I am working out the cooling load calculation for a typical office building using TRNSYS (version 15). I have prepared a waether data file in the TRNSYS TMY format and the building model by using PREBID. Now I face difficulty proceeding the calculation by using IISibat 3 with TYPE 56 as I found that the building model requires the following inputs:

1. FIKTIVE SKY TEMPERATURE; 2. INCIDENT RADIATION FOR ORIENTATIONS NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST AND HORIZONTAL; 3. INCIDENT BEAM RADIATION FOR ORIENTATIONS NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST AND HORIZONTAL; 4. ANGLE OF INCIDENCE FOR ORIENTATIONS , SOUTH, EAST, AND WEST

I have no idea about how to obtain these parameters based on my weather file. At the same time, I would like to know a proper procedure to carry out my calculation (i.e. whether my calculation can be finished within IlSiBat 3 entirely).

Best regards

YU Fu Wing

Research Student

Department of Building Service Engineering

The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

Hong Kong

e-mail:00901490r@polyu.edu.hk