Re: Inquiry on a cooling load calculation using TRNSYS Type 56

Hi Fu Wing,

TRNSYS has a standard building example, which shows how
to connect things together. Just open the file
\Trnsys15\IISiBat3\Data\Samples\Building\Building.tpf
in IISiBat.

This should answer most of your questions.

This example is also described in the manual.

To connect your IISiBat project to the building made with PREBID,
use the 'External Files' tab in IISiBat (use the 'Browse' button next
to the BLD or TRN file name).

Werner

YU Fu wing wrote:

Dear all I am working out the cooling load calculation for a typical office building using TRNSYS (version 15). I have prepared a waether data file in the TRNSYS TMY format and the building model by using PREBID. Now I face difficulty proceeding the calculation by using IISibat 3 with TYPE 56 as I found that the building model requires the following inputs:
1. FIKTIVE SKY TEMPERATURE; 2. INCIDENT RADIATION FOR ORIENTATIONS NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST AND HORIZONTAL; 3. INCIDENT BEAM RADIATION FOR ORIENTATIONS NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST AND HORIZONTAL; 4. ANGLE OF INCIDENCE FOR ORIENTATIONS , SOUTH, EAST, AND WEST

I have no idea about how to obtain these parameters based on my weather file. At the same time, I would like to know a proper procedure to carry out my calculation (i.e. whether my calculation can be finished within IlSiBat 3 entirely).

Best regards

YU Fu Wing

Research Student

Department of Building Service Engineering

The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

Hong Kong

e-mail:00901490r@polyu.edu.hk

--