RE: U-value in Prebid

Thank you Arie for your answer, but I think we are talking about 2 different
things.

TYPE80 is for the calculation of the CONVECTIVE heat transfer coefficient
and it should be independent of the Prebid.

I'm talking about the Prebid u-value that should be the "global CONDUCTION
heat transfer coefficient" of a surface. It's explained in the Prebid manual
"4.3.2 Definition of a New Wall Type".

The question is: Why is this standard u-value determined with FIXED combined
heat transfer coefficients of 7.7 W/(m2 K) inside and 25 W/(m2 K) outside?

Beside this u-value, it is possible to introduce the CONVECTIVE heat
transfer coefficients that are for default 11 Kj/h(m2 K)=3 W/(m2 K) inside
and 64 Kj/h(m2 K)=18 W/(m2 K) outside. This is what you said it is derived
from the Nusselt therory, isn't it?

It seems to me that the Prebid is taking 2 times account of the CONVECTION:
1 time using those fixed values and 1 time using this convective heat
transfer coefficients.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Thank you again,

Marco