Re: TRNSYS and Infra Red radiators

Dear Maurice,

according to your question, i would like to do the following contribution:

In 1983 Hans Joachim Oberle has published his habilitation at the
Technical University of Munich (TUM M8310, August 1983) at the
mathematical institute

Numerische Berechnung optimaler Steuerungen von Heizung und
Kühlung für ein realistisches Sonnenhausmodell

It is a very detailed approach to discribe the performance of a house
and his techniques using the formulation of the optimal control theory
(i.e. bang-bang principle, multi shooting method, variational calcul,
singularities etc.). To perform these theories his team developped
a complete set of ordinary differential equations, in which the relevant
variables and thermodynamical dependencies (so as well the interconnections
of the regarded surfaces with the environment and the atmosphere due
to the longwave radiation losses).

Many years ago you could require for that publication at:
Bibliothek der Fakultät für Mathematik und Informatik
Techn. Universität München
Arcisstr. 21 / Postfach 202420
D 8000 München 2 Germany

Today you can reach Hans Joachim Oberle at the following link
http://www.math.uni-hamburg.de/home/oberle/

Kind regards
Christian