Re: large scale thermal storage

Dear Nate,

although i do not know anything about the dimensions of your
large scale thermal storage models, i would really recommend
to have a look on the work of  F.Parrini, S.Vitale, and L.Castellano
which was contributed in Solar Energy Vol.49, No.2, August 1992
in two parts.

Rational analysis of mass, momentum, and heat transfer phenomena
in liquid storage tanks under realistic operating conditions:
1. Basic formulation, pp.87
2. Application to a feasibility study, pp.95

As an addendum i like reading in the book from Franz J.Vesely
Computational Physics Einführung in die Computative Physik

The mathematical formula are not disturbed by the german language,
i think so.

According to the understanding of the MAC method it was very interesting
for me, some years ago (without practicing),  to read the original paper by
F.H.Harlow and J.E.Welch:
Numerical calculations of time-dependent viscous incompressible flow of
fluid with free surface, Physics of Fluids 8, 2192-2189 (1965)

In fact this approach (the italian model) is not to be thought to introduce
as a component in TRNSYS.

good luck for your (re)search  Christian