AW: large scale thermal storage

Dear Nate,

in IEA ECES Annex 8 (Implementing Undergroung Thermal Energy Storage) there
was a subtask (4: Design and Analysis Tools; report see
http://www.sb.luth.se/%7Ebon/bon/IEA/ax8report.html) dealing with models for
large scale thermal energy storage.
Some of the mentioned models are also available for TRNSYS (e.g. XST
(Type142) and DST (Type141) and Icepit (Type143), see
Transsolar-Non-Standard-Types http://www.transsolar.de/ts/indextrn.htm).

Our Institute is doing (in close cooperation with ITW/University of
Stuttgart) research within the german R&D-program "Solarthermie-2000" part
3: solar assisted district heating with seasonal heat storage (see
http://www.itw.uni-stuttgart.de/sun/englisch/engl_start.htm). We are also
doing some work on further developement of the simulation models. If you
need more detailed information about that please contact me directly.

Regards
Thomas

Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Schmidt

Solar- und Wärmetechnik Stuttgart (SWT)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. H. Müller-Steinhagen
Pfaffenwaldring 6
D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: +49-(0)711-685-3299
Fax:   +49-(0)711-685-3242