RE: Ground temperature

Thank you Marco
can you send me your Excel programm, I will compare your method with the results of Kusuda equation
regards
Marco Sangiorgi <sangiorgim@inta.es> wrote:

Hello,

I had the same problem. I have looked at the Kusuda equation, I didn't know
it existed :-( ,but I have some doubts: how can you know the Tmean, Tamp
and Tshift?

What I did to solve this problem was calculating the heat transfer equation
from the surface of the ground till a depth where the temperature is
supposed to be constant (boundary condition). I took in account:

1) the convection ground's surface/air
2) the solar radiation
3) the irradiation to the sky (ficktive sky temp)
4) the conduction through the ground

I solved the heat transfer eq. with a simple finite difference method
(=Excel), with a step in space of 25 cm, and a step in time of 1 hour. I
started with a "random" temp. distribution and I calculated the ground
temperature untill I reached a "steady" state, that was a couple of years.
I supposed the ground's ! conductivity be a constant.

With these data I wrote an ASCII file from which I read the temp I need in
my simulation.

  _____