Re: next timestep

> Dear Trnsys users,
>
> Is there any component to recall values of inputs for next timesteps?
> A standard data reader (TYPE 9) gives outputs for the next simulation
> time step. What about if I need values for a number of following
> timesteps? Type 93 is for previous timesteps,
> Isn’t it?

Dear Dimitra,
I don't know how many time steps you would need nor in how many Units in your simulation need to use those "forecasts".

An easy solution if you just need one variable or two would be to create a special data file with the following structure:
x(n) x(n+1) x(n+2) x(n+3) etc.
x(n+1) x(n+2) x(n+3) ...
You could easily create such a file in a spreadsheet or other program. You would then get the future values as separate outputs from Type9.

If you don't want to spend time doing this, you could just shift the values from N time steps (so at time 1 you would read the value for time 1+N) and then use Type93 to get the "past" values.

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu