Enquiry on Type 4, Type60 and Type 66 modules

Dear all,

Currently I am trying to model a hot water storage tank for storing water heated by a heat pump. There are two similar models, the Type 4 and Type

60 in the TRNSYS and I would like to know:

- Any general guidelines to decide which Type of storage tank should be used?

- How do we define the number of stratification? Aren't the stratification is a natural phenomena?

On the other hand, I tried to write my own component in EES (such as the compressors, condensers) and would like to add them into the Trnsys project by Type66 module.

However, plenty of error popped up when I started the simulation if two or more Type66 module is used. I sorted out there may be some problem with the data transfer through CLIPBOARD but I cannot resolve it indeed. Does anyone have similar experience before which can share?

Regrads,

Howard But

The University of Hong Kong