Re:

Dear user,

I believe that Type 56 now allows you to model a pitched roof and attic
with even more detail than Type 18, so I would recommend that you model
both the building and attic/pitched roof in Type 56.

If you really want to use Type 18, I think you would have to use its
output 1 (heat transfer rate through ceiling) as a gain in the Type 56
zone which is in contact with the ceiling (you would of course not
include a ceiling "wall" in Type 56).
Using the external sol-air temperature would force you to model the roof
itself (with a boundary temperature instead of the usual
temperature+radiation) but I don't see any good reason to do that.

Regards,

Michaël Kummert

tenan@alumnos.uva.es wrote:

Dear Trnsys users:

Using Type 18 "pitched roof" with type 56, how must I define the wall type corresponding to the ceiling in type 56? winternal, wboundary? If it is wboundary, what temperature must I assign? the only possible output temperature is the sol-air roof temp., so it doesn´t seem appropriate.

Thank you.

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu