Re: Trnsys 15 and 15.3

Dear Marco,

The bug fixes and enhancements are listed on the TRNSYS website:
http://sel.me.wisc.esu/trnsys (go to "TRNSYS Fix List")

Some bug fixes actually change the results of a simulation (hopefully the new results are "more correct" than the old ones). In your case, I assume the new results from a type go outside the acceptable range of some function (e.g. zero or negative input to the "log" function).

If you have a Fortran compiler, it should be easy to identify the problem using the debugger. If you don't, you can try to identify the component that causes the problem using the "TRACE" command. You can also remove components until the problem disappears.

You are right that the .BLD file format changed (it actually changed in release 15.2.07). You just have to re-open the original building files (BUI) and generate the TRNSYS files (INF, BLD and TRN) using the new Prebid version.

I hope this helps,,

Michaël Kummert

Marco Sangiorgi wrote:

Dear users,

I would like to know what are the differences between version 15.0 and 15.3
of TRNSYS.

I had a simulation running fine under trnsys 15.0. Upgrading to 15.3 I got
the following error:

run-time error M6201: MATH domain error

I also noticed that the .bld and .trn files generated with PREBID are not
compatible in version 15.0 and 15.3

Thank you,

Marco

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu