Re:

Dear Fernando,

Does anybody know where can I find recent data about energy end-use in the european union, particularly energy demand due to HVAC systems?

Unfortunately, I always had a hard time finding such information on the web. I think that even the "raw" official statistics are not available free of charge (I would like to be proven wrong!).

I have used 2 publications from the European Commission in the past:
"Energy in Europe - European Energy outlook to 2020", and "Energy in Europe - Economic foundations for energy policy" (the full references are here below). Both documents may have been revised since then (2001).

Good luck, and please keep us informed if you find a valuable source of information.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Full references
---------------

European Commission, Directorate General for Energy, 1999 - Energy in Europe - European Energy outlook to 2020. Office for official publications of the European communities, Luxembourg

European Commission, Directorate General for Energy, 1999 - Energy in Europe - Economic foundations for energy policy. Office for official publications of the European communities, Luxembourg

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu