Re: direct solar floor heating component

Dear Alain,

Is any component available, which I could use for a direct solar floor heating system ?
On a general note, you can simulate any type of solar combisystem using a combination of existing TRNSYS Types. In your case, you will probably need to use a solar collector (Type 1), a building model (Type 56, which allows you to simulate floor heating internally using "active layers"), and possibly controllers, storage tank etc.

Developing a "super-component" only makes sense in some instances, and it seems to me that in your case the coupling with the building is very important (hence the advantage of using a detailed model like Type 56).

The IEA Task 26 (Solar Combisystems) team used TRNSYS to simulate different types of solar combisystems, including "Direct Solar Floor Heating". I suggest that you contact the French participants in that task if you want more information on how they handled the simulation of that system. You can find the contact information on the web:
http://www.iea-shc.org/task26/ (go to "address list")

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu