Re: Max. number of diff. logical units.

Dear Catalin,

> I have to simulate a cooling system composed,
> among other HVAC devices, of 3 air cooled
> chillers (type 655-TESS library). In my TRNSYS
> project I have also a Type 56 (multizone
> building) and a Type 89 (for reading E+ meteo
> data). This means that 10 different logical units
> would be used in my simulation.
>
> If the max number of logical units is 5 according
> to chapter 3.4.2. of the main TRNSYS manual, what
> could I do to increase this max number?

You can use more than 5 Logical Units in a TRNSYS project (actually most projects use much more than 5 logical units). The section 3.4.2 refers to the "DATA" subroutine, not to the general Logical Units in TRNSYS.

You just have to be careful to select unique numbers for all your logical units.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu