controller cycling

Dear TRNSYS users,

trying to avoid cycling in the solar collector loop, I wrote a TRNSYS component implementing the collector one node capacitande model, which is solved by finite diferences.

Response of the collector dynamical model is damped, but cycling persists, even highly decreasing the time step. This behaviour, apparently, has not physical meaning and I think is due to numerical effects.

Can somebody tell me more about this or related questions?

Is there any paper describing (more detailed than in the TRNSYS user manual) the numerical algorithms behind TRNSYS?

Thank you in advance.

Fernando Domínguez Muñoz
Graduate Student
Escuela Superior de Ingenieros Industriales
Universidad de Málaga (Spain).

Descárgate en tu teléfono los tonos y logos de las canciones y artistas de más éxito en MSN Móviles. http://www.msn.es/MSNMovil/