Re: Error in calculating Direct Solar Radiation

Dear Anil Misra,

this error is caused when one of the orientations of TYPE56 gets beam radiation while the angle of incidence for this surface is not between 0 and 90° so physically there can't be any beam radiation for this orientation.
This might be caused due to a user error, that e.g. diffuse radiation as output of T16 is set as beam radiation input of T56. Please check your connections. Is there a special reason for the need of two T16?

In this context please note: if you use T34 then it should be placed after T9, T16 and before T56.

regards,

Matthias Rudolph

Anil Misra wrote:

Dear TRNSYS users, I received the following error during the hourly simulation of a small building having 6 orientations (N, E, S, W, NW, and SW). I tried to simulate the building for one complete year, but the error was displayed at the 4230 hour. the simulation proceeded all right from the beginning of the year. The deck uses two solar radiation processors (Type 16). ***** ERROR ***** UNIT 6 TYPE 56 MULTIZONE BUILDINGINCORRECT VALUE OF INCIDENCE ANGLE FOR DIRECT SOLAR RADIATION FOR 1. ORIENTATION ENCOUNTERED.SIMULATION STOPPED. I have checked all the inputs but could not figure out the error. Please help me by indicating where the error could possibly be located. Thanks Anil MisraC/o Solar Energy CentreMinistry of Non Conventional Energy SourcesNew DelhiIndia

 Matthias Rudolph
 TRANSSOLAR Energietechnik GmbH
 Curiestrasse 2
 70563 Stuttgart