RE: Type 16

Timo,

You should check the following:

- Do not set your data reader to interpolate
  solar radiation

- The plot you sent does not include the first hours
  of the year, so I assume you might not be starting the
  simulation at "1". You should check your simulation start
  time and the data reader mode (skip lines or not) carefully.
  I would recommend to try starting the simulation at the
  beginning of the year. Note that the right START time if you use a hourly
data file
  and you want to simulate the whole year is "1".
  Do NOT use 1/6 for starting time, even if your time
  step is 1/6

- Set the SHIFT parameter of Type 16 very carefully
  An easy check is to plot the extraterrestrial radiation
  computed by Type16. If you have a "shift" problem,
  you will see it immediately (the sunrise/sunset will
  not match your data)
  You may also double check the latitude...

- If you are using "Smoothing", try to disable it

If your problem persists, you should contact your distributor and send them
the files needed to reproduce the problem

Regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu (*****NEW*****)