Re: new window

Isabelle BRUYERE wrote:

Dear collegues,

I've been running some building simulations those last few days, also with
new window types created with the software "Window", without any problem.
Yesterday, we created again a new window and from then, Trnsys wil no more
take into account those window types... I really don't understand the problem.
In the LST file, it is said that the problem comes from the window library.
A "visual Fortran run time error" window appear and talk about "severe(64)
: input unit conversion error, unit -5, file Internal Formatted Read"

Does anyone have an idea ?

A problem I see frequently in this context comes from the
way PREBID uses Windows. Note that the connection
between TRNSYS and the window library is only made
by the w4-lib.dat file (3rd external file of type56). The link
with PREBID / WINDOW 5 is mainly made by the
WINDOW ID.

Users tend to create new windows, forgetting to update the
3rd external file parameter in type 56. Usually the new windows
work fine, up to the ID 5001 - the last in the default file of the
american library. (Actually, even the 5 'first' windows then
use the data from the american libraries and have nothing to
do with WINDOW 5's calculations).

Just a shot ... otherwise there's a great detailed tutorial on
the SEL Web site, http://sel.me.wisc.edu/TRNSYS/Default.htm
Download & Registered user resources /
 TRNSYS tutorials and examples /
 Adding New Window technologies

Hope this helps,

Werner
--
  /    \____ Werner Keilholz, Software Development Group Leader
  \____/     CSTB Sophia Antipolis, SAIL

   Don't miss the 5th European and French TRNSYS meeting
   http://software.cstb.fr/events/5th_TRNSYS_meeting.pdf