RE: output file

     Dear Isabelle,

Adding a ".xls" extension does not turn your output file into an Excel
file. I suggest you add a ".dat" extension to your outputfile, to be able
to distinguish
 between your output file and the Excel file you want to create.
The output file consists of columns with ascii characters, separated by
spaces or tabs (when you select the "speadsheet" option)
Both files can be imported in Excel, but you have to tell the 'Excell
import wizard' what the column delimiter is, a space or a tab.

Don't forget to close your output file.dat before trying to run TRNSYS
again: TRNSYS will give you a number of (non-specific) error messages when
you have opened your output file in Excell and try to run TRNSYS again.

     Arie.