Re: overhang

Dear Isabelle,

just a short addition to Helmi's answer: since the TRNSYS 15.3.00 release, Type34 includes a new output which you can directly connect to Type 56.It is output 11, "fraction of solar shading". You can take a look at a previous discussion for more details:
(keeping in mind that you don't need the equation anymore if you are using TRNSYS 15.3.00)

Regards,
Michaël

helmi wrote:

Hello

yes you can couple the type 34 with the type 56, via the prebid software.

In fact, when you are describing a window in prebid you can specify an external shading device, which means in your case, an overhang. Then the shading factor will be an input to prebid, which is 1-shading factor of the type 34.

You must use as many type 34 as windows-orientations.

If you want I can send you a Trnsys file where I used overhangs.

Best regards

Ing. Helmi Ben Rejeb
Ecole Nationale d'Ingénieurs de Tunis, BP 37, Le belvédère, 1002 Tunis, Tunisia.

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu