Re: sensitivity analysis

Jeroen,

I'm doing sensitivity analysises in the same way as Hilde (with Matlab), if you want an example of the matlab-file, I can send it to you, Beatriz.
But I also ran into a problem:
I want to use my data-files from type 25 as an input in my next run of trnsys, but there is always a header line in the type25-files. This data file is 8760 houres, i.e. one year long. I don't have any problems when my simulation is one year aswell; I just let the data reader skip the first line. But when I want to run more years in a row, the data reader doesn't skip the first row anymore and an error is produced.
Does somebody know how I can get rid of the header line in trnsys ? or how to skip the header line when the second year is started ?

I assume you are using a sub-hourly time step. The problems with header lines are due to a bug (several bugs) in Type 9. Usually it is possible to find a start time that works but it can be hard, I have to admit. Those problems will be fixed in TRNSYS 16.

There IS a way to get rid of the file header in TRNSYS 15 with one of the settings in CNFGTR.TRN. You can place a copy of that file in the directory where your deck file is, and change line 4 to display:

N        -> WRITE PRINTER LABELS TO THEOUTPUT FILE?    [Y OR N]

That way the labels will not be displayed. Simulations in other directories will not use that copy of CNFGTR.TRN so you should be OK.

And something else, does somebody know how to put TRNSYS the whole in time in low priority, i.e. before it starts running ? Everytime it restarts for the analysis, I have to open the task manager and do it again.

Richard gave a solution to that problem :-)

As I mentioned in a previous email, wrapping TRNSYS calls in "start" calls can also be used to terminate TRNSYS in case a simulation hangs (possibly because errors have been found):

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx