Re: SV: How many parameters are possible?

Hi Holger,

If you need more than 75 parameters in IISiBat, you can use what we call
"cycles". A cycle is basically an array. You can turn any of the 75 Variables
in an IISiBat PROFORMA into an array of Ni Variables. This way you can
create 75*N1*N2*N3*...*N75 variables - more than WINDOWs can handle,
that is ;-) (The Ni can be a number or a reference to another PARAMETER).

However, I would not recommend to create models with that many variables,
keeping in mind future innocent users of the model. If it is really that complex,
I'd rather go for some external file describing it, which is read once at the
beginning of the simulation.

It is explained in the IISiBat manual on p. 74 and up, under the "Special
Cards" section.

Let me know if you have problems with it.

Werner

Holger Kreetz wrote:

> Chris,
> hey, that was quick! Thanks for your answer! However, I did realise that
> a very high number of parameters is possible due to whatever settings
> are made within param.inc, but have the problem of not being able to
> program more than 75 parameters in IIsibat. Any ideas how to overcome
> that problem? How can I add parameters to the standard 75 in IIsibat?
> Thanks, all the best, hope to see you soon down-under,
> Holger
>
> --

> Holger Kreetz - Dipl Ing (TU Berlin, 1997)
> Solar Thermal Group, Centre for Sustainable Energy Systems
> Department of Engineering, FEIT
> Australian National University
> Canberra, ACT 0200
>
> tel:    ++61-2-62493976