Compiling TRNLIB.DLL

Hallo everybody !

I have to re-compile the *.dll, including some custom-built types.
I use developer studio from Compaq  6.1. I followed the istructions I found on the SEL
site about that.

On point 4 (of the mentioned instructions), are listed all the settings, but it is
stated to .." select Win32 Debug" ... version. Then a question arises: Is it not
possible (reccomandable) to compile a release version of the same *.dll ??
Or I just should keep the same settings for the release ??
Are there oprimisations which it is better to NOT apply ??

Thanx in advance.

mario