Re: Compiling TRNLIB.DLL

Mario,
	You can certainly create a release version of your dll - it has the
advantage that it will be much smaller than the debug version. The
disadvantage is that you cannot run your deck through the developer studio
and work on the Type that you are adding to the dll. I typically develop
types by creating a Debugging DLL and then create a release version when I
am done.

	You can create a release version in two ways, either with the developer
studio or by the command prompt method which is listed before the developer
studio instructions. There are a few changes made under the settings menu
for a release mode:
1. Select "Win32 Release" instead of "Win32 Debug"
2. Make sure that you uncheck the boxes for "Generate Traceback
Information" and "Generate Source Browse Information"

I hope this helps,
David

At 03:55 PM 2/6/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hallo everybody !
>
>I have to re-compile the *.dll, including some custom-built types.
>I use developer studio from Compaq  6.1. I followed the istructions I
found on the SEL
>site about that.
>
>On point 4 (of the mentioned instructions), are listed all the settings,
but it is
>stated to .." select Win32 Debug" ... version. Then a question arises: Is
it not
>possible (reccomandable) to compile a release version of the same *.dll ??
>Or I just should keep the same settings for the release ??
>Are there oprimisations which it is better to NOT apply ??
>
>Thanx in advance.
>
>mario

David BRADLEY
1500 Engineering Drive		ph: +1 608 263 1589
Madison, WI				fax: +1 608 262 8464
53706