Re: Simulating a special wall in TRNSYS

Dear Maurice

The closest thing I've heard about is the concrete solar collector. I don't
know if there is anything already developed for TRNSYS, but maybe you should
develop a new component, using the numerical model described in:

BopShetty, S.V. et al. Performance Analysis of a Solar Concrete Collector
        Energy Conversion and Management, 33(11), 1007-1016

Jubran,BA et al. Computational Evaluation of solar heating systems using
concrete solar collectors. Energy Conversion and Management, 35(12) 1143-1155

Sokolov,M; Reshev,M(1992) Performance simulation of solar collectors made of
concrete with embedded conduite lattice. Sol Energy 48(6), 403-411

Nayak,JK et al.(1989) Performance studies on solar concrete collectors Sol.
Energy 42(1), 45-56

With Regards,

                Thomaz

Jong, M.J.M. wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS users,
>
> For my job I have to simulate a wall that has been provided with some tubes
> with water in it. To locate the wall on a south orientation, the wall and
> the water in the tubes will be heated by sunshine. By using a pump you can
> use the heat from the water. Does anybody know how you can simulate this
> wall in TRNSYS ? Is it possible to use type 160 (Floor Panel Heating /
> Hypocaust Thermal Storage) for this ?
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Maurice Jong

> E-Mail : jong@ecn.nl - Maurice Jong.
> ECN - Energy Research Foundation      Department: Zon & Wind, Group DEGO
> Telephone:    (+31) 224 564938             Fax:       (+31) 224 563214
> P.O. box 1    1755 ZG  Petten                Country:   The Netherlands

Thomaz Borges,  Eng. M.Sc.
Thermal Sciences researcher
Department of Energy
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering