[no subject]

Hi trnsys users,

Everything all right over there ?

Our association supports a passive solar buildings program in Himalayas, exactly for Ladahk- India. .

We just try to optimize and dissiminate attached sunspaces, greenhouses and henhouses in this rural cold area.

We are monitoring the real values of such buildings at the same time that we are simulating them on TRNSYS, but we hesitate which system will be the most precise.

We should choose between using type 19 or type 56 but considering all the special factors we find there.

  • Studying the direct gains, we wonder if the distribution of solar radiation all over the zone depends only on

the area and the absorbivity for the type 56 what would not be convenient to us.

  • Our walls are composed of an internal mud layer and an external straw insulation.

In this way , solar radiation is stored during the day for the mud, to be released at night, and the straw

protects from the heat losses.

  • During winter a polyethylene greenhouse is attached to the building, thus the lower part of the adjacent

wall ( 45 cm brick ) produces a heat transfer associated to a very important inertia, 14 hours.

  • The ground has a thermal storage straw layer as well as an insulation. How it would possible to take into

account the peripheral heat losses without respecting ASHRAE rules ?

Due to this questions mainly , we don’t know yet which type to work with . Could you advice us to define each of the points described above ?

Has anybody an idea ? we must balance every factor before choosing, if you could give us a clue we’d be grateful.

So thanks a lot , and regards to everybody. Bye……….

Ps : our building description is like this:

South______direct gain, glazing/ floor = 0,24 . bottom: mud brick 45 cm

N, E , W____25 cm straw insulation

Roof _____20 cm straw insulation

Ground ____straw - clay bricks under a compressed earth slab

Greenhouse_ polyethylene, attached only in winter.

Pour plus d'informations sur le GERES,
consultez notre site web: http://services.worldnet.net/geres_fr

GERES
2 cours Maréchal Foch